Click here to see videos of the talks presented at 22 in 21: The State of Our Community
What: The fifth annual 22 in 21 “Jackson Hole in the 21st Century: The State of Our Community — Our Biggest Challenges; Our Biggest Opportunities”
Date: Thursday, January 14, 2016
Time: 10:30 am – 5:15 pm, with social hour to follow
Location: Spring Creek Ranch
Cost: $50/person, includes lunch and social hour
Presented by the Charture Institute and 1% for the Tetons. Sponsors include First Western Trust and the Jackson Hole News&Guide.
The focus of this year’s 22 in 21: Community is “The State of Our Community – Our Biggest Challenge; Our Biggest Opportunity.”
Attendees will hear talks by the leaders of the region’s major federal and local public agencies, addressing the subject: “The State of My Jurisdiction.” In their talks, the speakers will address four specific questions:
- What is crucial for attendees to know about the state of your jurisdiction?
- What is the single biggest challenge facing your jurisdiction?
- What is the single biggest opportunity facing your jurisdiction?
- What is one thing the community can do to help you address your biggest challenge or opportunity?
A. Welcome – 10:30-10:45 (15 minutes)
B. State of My Jurisdiction I – 10:45-11:55 (70 minutes)
2. Sara Flitner – Mayor, Town of Jackson
3. Mike Tennican – Chair, St. John’s Medical Center Board
4 .Patricia Nichols – Chair, Teton WY School Board
5. Bill Leake – Chair, Teton County ID Board of Commissioners
6. Hyrum Johnson – Mayor, City of Driggs
7. Zach Smith – Mayor, City of Victor
C. Discussion – 11:55-12:30 (35 minutes)
D. Lunch – 12:30-1:30 (60 minutes)
E. State of My Jurisdiction II – 1:30-2:20 (50 minutes)
2. David Vela – Superintendent, Grand Teton National Park
3. Tricia O’Connor – Supervisor, Bridger-Teton National Forest
4. Steve Kallin – Manager, National Elk Refuge
5. Sandy Shuptrine – Chair, Teton County WY Conservation District Board
F. Discussion – 2:20-2:45 (25 minutes)
G. Break – 2:45-3:00 (15 minutes)
H. Break-Out Groups – 3:00-4:45 (75 minutes)
I. Reports from Break-Out Groups – 4:45-5:15 (30 minutes)
J. Social hour – 5:30-7:00 (90 minutes)